Following is the lineage of Kit Number 125322 from the oldest proven ancestor. Due to concerns for identity theft living persons are not included or are so noted by initials and obscured dates of birth and death, etc
Group Barnett 4 Y Haplogroup R1b1a2
Contact: A Lancaster Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org
William Barnett of Headley, Hampshire England was baptised in Fresham Parish just over the border in Surrey 5 March 1820, the son of John Barnett and Catherine Sandhurst. He married in Headley, Hampshire on 7 June 1845 to Jane Warren daughter of John Warren.
Iin 1848 the William and Jane travelled to Australia on the “Emperor” with their two sons John, 1 year old, and William 2. Once in Australia they continued having children, eleven in all.
The children of William and Jane were:
1. William Henry Barnett. Born 5 August 1845, (baptised 31 August, registered 14 September) in Headley. They were residents, it seems, of Barford, the part of Headley where Jane’s family was resident. Died 2 August 1927 in Gumma Hill, Macksville, Australia (just to the north of the Macleay River). Was buried in Frederickton. m. Jane Hibbard 8 September 1868 in Gladstone.
2. John Barnett. Born about 1847 in England. Died 5 July 1918 and buried in Frederickton on the Macleay River in Australia.
3. Jane Barnett. b. 3 May 1851, Austral Eden, d. 5 May 1915, Sydney. m. John Hibbard in 1871.
4. Emma Barnett. b. 22 October 1852 in Austral Eden, along the Macleay River, Australia; d. 27 December 1931 in South West Rocks (near the mouth of the Macleay river).
m. George Robinson in 1875
5. Mary Anne Barnett (also referred to as Maryanne or Anne). b. 18 February 1855 in Austral Eden. Died 2 March 1927. Buried in Frederickton. m. Peter Wieri/Weiri? in 1893.
6. Elizabeth Barnett. b. 7 November 1857 at Austral Eden.
m. John Robinson in 1879
7. James Barnett. b. 10 September 1859 at Austral Eden, d. 1866 at 7 years of age.
8. Lucilla Barnett (also Loucella). b. 4 April 1862, April Eden, d. 22 January 1912. Buried in Frederickton.
9. Thomas Barnett. b. 4 August 1865, Lower Macleay, d. 25 August 1948, Gladstone, Macleay River
m. Eleanor L Woolford in 1890.
10. Henry Barnett. b. 2 July 1869 (1868?), Waterloo Plains, Macleay River. d. 28 June 1947. m. Maria Louisa Patterson 7 Dcember 1892 at Waterloo Plains.
11. Albert Barnett. b. 10 July 1871, Waterloo Plains, d. 1951
m. Jane Pugh 10 November 1909 in Belmore River.
For more on this family go to Andrew Lancaster’s interesting website at: